"When do you find the time to write all this stuff?", my father-in-law asked me the other day. "At 5am, naturally."
Yup, I can't sleep. Well I can't seem to sleep longer than 4 hours or so. Have no problem nodding off at 10pm but then I am awake at 1ish or 2ish and it is battle from then on. My mind is going a million miles an hour. What makes it even more infuriating is seeing hubby snoozing away without a care in the world. Even as I write this he is up there sleeping like a baby. ARRGGH!
What am I anxious about? Well, there is always air travel. Have to say that it is just not as fun as it used to be. I definitely need drugs to get through the whole experience. And speaking of drugs, I am still not crazy about taking all those preventive medications. Always leery of the dreaded side-effects. You've seen those ads!! Then there is the whole "group" thing and having to relinquish control. That probably scares me the most. I just have no idea what to expect. And, of course, I am always concerned about my foot and if I will be able to manage without too much pain. However, there is one bright point -- For once, I feel pretty confident that I have packed well. In fact, it has been days since I last repacked!
"Why do you worry so much?" Geoff is found of saying. I don't know, I always have. I think, in part, it is how I get stuff done. But it can be a bit nerve racking at times. I am sure I am not alone in this arena. I hear meditation helps - if only I could sit still for two seconds it might work. And if not meditation, there's always medication - may calm you down but you roam the earth like a zombie. So I have resigned myself to the fact that this is what I go through and hopefully it'll all work out. It usually does.
Next time.... One week and counting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love that cartoon!!
Post a Comment
Please type your comments in the box below. Pull down "Select a Profile" choose either anonymous or add your name. Hit Preview to review. If you are happy, hit POST COMMENT. Thanks