We immediately took off for Marshall's. As Karma would have it, the first thing we saw was an Eddie Bauer soft-sided rolling duffel bag in a beautiful maroon color. Not too big, not too small, extremely lightweight and very affordable. For the mere low price of $29.99, I had myself the perfect piece of adventure luggage. Couldn't wait to get home and start stuffing. Kept everything in the ziplocks for organization but didn't have to worry about sucking out too much air. They also sell some sort of organizer cubes for duffels - might look into that. Meanwhile, I have just one more idea of how I can repack yet again to make it even better.Aahhh, the satisfaction of having a well-packed bag.
Next time.... Baby it's cold outside!
2 comments:
How many pairs of shoes?
Also, do you and Geoff travel with your own bags? Just curious.
You are so lucky you have only two wks. before you leave this god forsaken f_____g climate. I've got seven and change.
Shoes: Sneakers/Walkers, sandals for walking, Keen water sandals for Galapagos. These are pretty substantial, so that we can get from the boat to the islands and hike around. And, of course, flip-flops.
Bags: We each take a back-pack (with a versatile change of clothes(convertible pants, long sleeve shirt, t-shirt), bathing suit if appropriate -all sucked up into ziplock. I also throw my flip-flops into the backpack. BTW, I found that the Channel 5 pack you gave me a million years ago, works best. Then we each have a roll-around. Since this charging business, he will carry-on and I will check mine for this trip. Hopefully, going to Europe, I will be able to carry my bag on as well. Won't need water shoes or snorkel gear just bike clothes which virtually roll up into nothing.
I will try to remember to send you my contact in Vieques before we leave.
Post a Comment
Please type your comments in the box below. Pull down "Select a Profile" choose either anonymous or add your name. Hit Preview to review. If you are happy, hit POST COMMENT. Thanks