Hardly can believe that a full year has gone by so fast. Since the New Zealand/Fiji blog was such a success, I am encouraged to continue this year with our South American adventure. Here is a brief synopsis of what we are looking forward to. Peru: Lima, Cuzco, Machu Pichu / Equador: Quito, Amazon jungle river cruise and lodge/ Gallapagos Islands: Sailing around Darwin's paradise for 7 days. We kick off our tour with a 3 day hitch in Miami visiting Geoff's long time buddy. More on all of this to come.
I have picked the perfect day to start this blog, sitting here watching New England's finest nor'easter rip through the bay. The snowflakes are huge and the winds are howling. We are snuggled by the fireplace keeping warm experiencing mother nature at work. A good day to be planning a trip south.
A few things to point out on the sidebar at left. If you would like future email notifications of current blog postings, please let me know and I will add your email to the list. Keep in mind that connectivity can be iffy or non-existent in some of the more remote areas. I will keep writing, however, and post when I can.
You will also notice on the sidebar a list of the SunFish Travels book series. I was so proud of New Zealand, I decided to make a hobby of archiving some of our other trips. By transcribing Geoff's diaries, I was able to publish two of our older vacations, Thailand and Greece. Greece was a bigger challenge since we did not have digital pictures. Had to scan the negatives or the pictures. I am now an expert photo re-toucher thanks to Photoshop and various other tools. The links take you to the bookshop, where you can preview them. Can't read the fine print too well but you can look at the pretty pictures. There are more volumes to come, this South American blog included.
If you would like to become a follower of this blog, just click on that box and follow the instructions. Anyone can leave a comment. Just click on the "comments" word that is next to the date (sometimes preceded by a number indicating how many comments have been added). A dialog box will open up and follow instructions.
That's all for now. I look forward to sharing our experiences with you all and reading your comments.
Next: Why Go There?
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geat job on the books!!!!! Diane
Post a Comment
Please type your comments in the box below. Pull down "Select a Profile" choose either anonymous or add your name. Hit Preview to review. If you are happy, hit POST COMMENT. Thanks