Can't say we were hit terribly hard with the snow but after doing a few errands it was time to settle inside for the afternoon, Turned out to be the perfect opportunity to watch a 3 part BBC series on the Galapagos that I had gotten a while back on my brother's suggestion. If you have not seen this show and have an opportunity to watch it, it is really beautiful. If we are able to experience even a thimble full of what we saw, I will be thoroughly impressed. Darwin only visited the islands once when he was quite young. But once was enough to set him on the path to the theory of evolution which changed how we look at the world. At least for some of us!
In case you are wondering what Galapagos actually means, as I was, it is Spanish for tortoise - stemming from the same word that means saddle representing their giant shell. The giant tortoises roam these islands like kings. When the Spaniards landed they dubbed this remote place The Islands of the Tortoise.We will be busy this last week, taking care of last minute stuff, seeing friends, family, etc. Not sure I will have much to write about until take-off. But stay tuned you never know.
Till next time.....
2 comments:
Love the swan photo.
I won't even comment on the F_____G weather. Trying real hard to stay positive and if I didn't have to drive, it wouldn't be so bad. Only consolation is everyone is in the same boat so I guess misery loves company.
I have five weeks to go before my adventure so I may start the packing, repacking routine this weekend. It's always the shoes for me.
PLEASE send me a postcard from your adventure. It will make your Aunts happy. Also, I've started getting into sending them while I'm traveling, people just don't do it much anymore. I will try to connect with you this weekend.
Just loving your adventures Sharing the highlights with curves friends Slugs look yummy You both look great Love ya Diane D-6 Yeah!!!
Post a Comment
Please type your comments in the box below. Pull down "Select a Profile" choose either anonymous or add your name. Hit Preview to review. If you are happy, hit POST COMMENT. Thanks