Monday, February 7, 2011

The Final Zip!

Well, I finally did it.  Zipped up the last zipper on the duffel.  Only one thing bothers me - last week when I weighed the thing it was around 23lbs.  Yesterday after I had finally finished (all except for the one important hair brush that is always last to go in), the thing had gained 7lbs,  Is this possible???? What did I do??  I know I snuck in an extra pair of pants and maybe another bathing suit - it certainly wasn't the traveling underwear.  I won't even go into the email we got from our Galapagos Guide who said to bring hiking boots!!!##@@!!  I refuse to take another pair of shoes.  So that's it.  I have 30 lbs of who-knows-what, still well below the 50 lb limit.  Not opening it again until Miami.  I thank all the ladies who emailed me sharing their packing horrors.  It must be built into our DNA.

Now on to more important things - Sports.  I am so very thankful that the Super Bowl is finally over and that Green Bay was victorious.  Hoping that Big Ben crawls back into the hole where he came from and doesn't come back out.  I am sorry to offend any Steeler fans out there.  I just can't stand the man or the team for that matter.  It was also nice to learn that Brady received the MVP unanimously - all 50 votes - first time anyone has done that.   So here's to next year.  It is time now to turn all our attention and enthusiasm over to our beloved Celtics, who find a way to miraculously keep winning.  Let's hope they can make it to the finish line.

Enjoyed a good time last week with friends and some family.  Tried a new restaurant, Fathoms, on Girls Night Out, decided this will be our place for a while.  Pete and Sue, G's brother, came down for a visit on one of the rare bright sunshiny days we have had.  We lunched on the waterfront at the Waterfront Grill and walked along the docks.  Later went for coffee at the Celtic Coffeehouse. A real warm and comfy place on a winter's day across from the Whaling Museum. Ran into some friends and we all chatted for a bit.  Also learned that our nephew just got engaged.  Hooray for them!  We had a wonderful day and a good time was had by all.

Forecast still looks good for take-off - very cold but clear.  Several of our friends happen to be flying to all kinds of places all over the globe and it seems we all leave Wednesday.  I wish them safe travels and wonderful adventures.  Clear skies for all.

Till next time ...

3 comments:

Tundragirl said...

It's always SHOES. Have a safe, fun journey.
xoxo

SoleSister said...

We had a great day too!! Couldn't ask for better hosts and weather that day!!Enjoyed the tour de NB :+}

SoleSister said...

Wishing you both a safe and happy adventure! We will live vicariously through your travels! Thanks for showing us the world!!

Mazel Tov!!!!!

Post a Comment

Please type your comments in the box below. Pull down "Select a Profile" choose either anonymous or add your name. Hit Preview to review. If you are happy, hit POST COMMENT. Thanks



Island Dream Blogger Template