Well, the time has come to take the countdown off the sidebar. We will be on our way tomorrow morning. Going into Cambridge to meet Deidre who will take us to the airport and then keep our car while we are away. It is a great system and a win-win for all since they only have one car.
Like any traveler, I have been watching the weather, and as usual, everywhere we go it says RAIN! I know I shouldn't believe these things. They told us that it would be raining all through New Zealand and fortunately we didn't see too much of that. At least, it will be warm rain or warmer than this rain. I have added "Weather Conditions" on the sidebar. So you all can see how wet we ar actually getting! (After packing, weather is always the next big worry.)
Heard from Geoff's friend in Miami today and he has room at his house to put us up for Friday night. So we only need the hotel for 2 nights. That'll save some $$ plus give us more of a chance to visit. After emailing with him back and forth over this past month, I am really looking forward to meeting him and his wife. We are also trying to get in touch with one of Geoff's cousin's daughters, who lives in Miami Beach and works at a local hang out on South Beach. Hopefully, we will get a chance to stop in and say hi.
Not much more to say. Keep an eye out for "Photo Albums" to appear on the sidebar. I will add that as soon as I gather some pictures.
At least the weather gods should be kind to us tomorrow.
Next time .... The Sunshine State
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please type your comments in the box below. Pull down "Select a Profile" choose either anonymous or add your name. Hit Preview to review. If you are happy, hit POST COMMENT. Thanks